A Virtual Tour of LoDo Denver
LoDo’s Beaux-Arts style Union Station was built in 1914. At its height, it was served by over 80 daily trains. In 2001, along with its old rail yards, the passenger rail station was acquired by the Regional Transportation District (RTD). RTD then developed a plan to transform the 19.5-acre site into a $500 million multimodal transportation hub where bus rapid transit, local bus, commuter rail, light rail, and intercity rail would come together.
Various components of the revitalized transportation hub emerged incrementally in following years, including the opening a light rail station and MallRide stop in 2011, an underground 22-gate bus concourse and return of Amtrak in 2014 and the implementation of commuter rail services in 2016. The iconic historic landmark re-opened in 2014 as a train hall with a 112-room hotel and multiple chef-owned restaurants, bars, and boutique retail shops. In addition, over $1 billion in private office, residential, hotel, and retail development has sprouted up around the transportation hub in recent years.
A protected bicycle lane along Wynkoop Street near Union Station.
Looking west down Wazee Street from 17th Street.
The Millennium Financial Center is a 133,500-square foot mixed-use office and retail development at 1550 17th Street.
The intersection of Blake and 16th Streets.
The RTD Light Rail station opened at Union Station in 2012.
The intersection of the 16th Street Mall and Lawrence Streets.
A 50,000-square foot Whole Foods store opened at 1701 Wewatta Street near Union Station in October 2017.
Overlooking the South Platte River, Flour Mill Lofts is a 42 loft adaptive reuse project converted between 1998 and 2000. Originally built in 1920 as the Pride of the Rockies Flour Mill, it is one of the last remnants of an industry that flourished in the Central Platte Valley during the early 20th century.
*Urban infill development and dedicated bicycle and bus rapid transit lanes on 16th Street. *
Located at 1600 Wynkoop Street, the Barteldes Hartig Building was built in 1906. In 1987, it was converted into mixed-use office and residential lofts.