7. A mural on the side of the former M. Schrayers Sons & Company tinware manufacturing plant at West 18th and South Sangamon streets.
15. Built in 1880 and abandoned by its original congregation in 1956, the Zion Evangelical Lutheran Church was destroyed by fire in 1979. After the remains weere nearly destroyed by a windstorm in 1998, developer John Podmajersky, Jr. restored the building’s facade and planted a lawn on the rest of the property at the intersection of West 19th and South Peoria streets.
19. he intersection of West 18th and South Racine streets was a junction of two Chicago Surface Lines (CSL) streetcar routes. Operating between 1913 and 1947, the CSL is the predecessor of today’s Chicago Transit Authority.
20. The St. Procopius Catholic Church in the distance. St. Procopius was organized as a parish in 1875 due to Pilsen becoming a Czech neighborhood after the Chicago Fire of 1871.
21. Currently used as a mixed-use music, retail and restaurant space, Thalia Hall has been recognized as a Chicago Landmark since 1989. Located at West 18th and Allport streets, the Romaneseque Revival style building was built in 1892 by saloonkeeper John Dusek.