The capitol of Florida since 1824, Tallahassee is the largest city in the Florida Panhandle region. With over 200,000 residents, the city is home to more than 70,000 college students attending Florida State University, Florida A&M Univeristy and Tallahassee Community College. Until World War II, Tallahassee was a small southern town, with virtually the entire city population residing within a mile of the Capitol.
215 South Monroe Street is a 187,029-square-foot building that was completed in 1975.
MidSouth Bank is located in the historic Exchange Bank Building at 201 South Monroe Street. Added to the National Register of Historic Places in 1984, the Exchange Bank Building was completed in 1927.
201 East Park Avenue is a new six-story, 60,000-square-foot office building at the intersection of Park Avenue and Monroe Street.
The Tennyson A Condominium (left) is a 14-story residential tower that was completed in 2006. The Monroe Park Tower (right) is a ten-story, 111,977-square-foot Class A office tower.
The 162-key Aloft Tallahassee Downtown was completed in August 2009.
The Hotel Duval Autograph Collection is a historic, boutique hotel that originally opened its doors in March 1951.
The Envision Credit Union building at 600 North Monroe Street.
The Florida State Capitol from the intersection of Apalachee Parkway and Monroe Street. Tallahassee was named Florida’s capital in 1824 because of its central location between Florida’s then-largest cities, St. Augustine and Pensacola. The “New Classicism” Capitol complex design, which includes a 25-story office building, was a joint venture of Reynolds, Smith and Hills of Jacksonville and Edward Durell Stone of New York. At a height of 345 feet, it is the tallest building in Tallahassee.
Cascades Park is a 24-acre park featuring 2.3 miles of winding trails and amenities.