Located at the intersection of Norwood Avenue and Lynton Street, 844 Lynton was completed for the Norwood Presbyterian Church in 1938. Today, the building is occupied by the New Life In Christ Christian Church Inc.
Constructed in 1923, the retail storefronts at 6220 Norwood Avenue were once leased by the William A. Crady variety store and Norwood Self Service Laundry.
Norwood Supply has operated at 6200 Norwood Avenue since 1971. Completed in 1947, the building was originally occupied by Hawkins Grocery & Market.
Dating back to 1926, 6201 Norwood Avenue was the location of the Norwood Pharmacy in 1950.
Located at the intersection of Norwood Avenue and Crestwood Street, Barney Browning Park was previously known as the Norwood Play Park when it was deeded to the City in 1926. In 1978, the park was renamed in honor of Browning, a long-time North Jacksonville community leader that passed in 1975.
Located at 5914 Norwood Avenue, between Escambia Street and a CSX rail line, Durham Building Materials is a family-owned lumber yard that was established in 1969. Located in buildings dating back to 1925, in 1950 the site was occupied by Florida Roofing & Supply Company.
Article by Ennis Davis, AICP. Contact Ennis at email@example.com