In 1911, Dr. Carey P. Rogers opened the Rogers Hospital on Riverside Avenue between Margaret and Goodwin Streets. Becoming known as Riverside Hospital, the medical center expanded over time into a 240,000-square-foot acute care hospital with 183 beds. In 1996, Riverside Hospital became the largest hospital in Jacksonville to close. Since that time, former medical facilities have been razed and replaced with mixed-use infill development along Margaret Street, between Memorial Park and Park Street.
This H.J. Klutho designed building was constructed in 1926 as the office and residence of Drs. James Love and R.H. McGinnis.
The main block of Riverside Hospital was demolished and replaced with the Publix-anchored Riverside Market Square shopping center in 2000.
The Villas of St. John’s opened with 257 luxury apartment units in 1999.
1661 Riverside features 90 condominium units above street level retail and dining.
The Moss Fire Grill is a popular eatery in the Five Points District. The name comes from the moss fire that started the Great Fire of 1901.
The Black Sheep building at 1534 Oak Street.