Construction is anticipated to begin within the next three years. Here’s a look at the conceptual plans for the airport’s eventual expansion.
Jacksonville International Airport Master Plan documents are in draft format and are subject to change pending FAA review.
1. Existing passenger terminal facilities
2. Proposed Concourse B - 6 Gates
3. Proposed Concourse B Expansion - Increase to 13 Gates
4. Existing and proposed TSA prototype layout
5. Location of proposed parking garage
6. Long-term expansion includes the extension of Concourses A, B and C
See the Jacksonville International Airport Master Plan for more information: https://www.flyjacksonville.com/content2015.aspx?id=558
Article by Ennis Davis, AICP. Davis is a certified senior planner and graduate of Florida A&M University. He is the author of the award winning books “Reclaiming Jacksonville,” “Cohen Brothers: The Big Store” and “Images of Modern America: Jacksonville.” Davis has served with various organizations committed to improving urban communities, including the American Planning Association and the Florida Trust for Historic Preservation. A 2013 Next City Vanguard, Davis is the co-founder of ModernCities.com and Transform Jax, a tactical urbanist group. Contact Ennis at firstname.lastname@example.org