On Tuesday, October 23, WJCT and Modern Cities hosted the first live event for their multimedia partnership, The Jaxson. Forgotten Spaces: Places Reimagined was a wide-ranging panel discussion at WJCT Studios on the history and future of Jacksonville’s urban landscape.
Moderator: Jessica Palombo, WJCT news director
- Alan Bliss, Jacksonville Historical Society executive director
- Mike Field, The Jaxson co-founder; founder of The Jaxson Night Market and The Court Urban Food Park
- Cantrece Jones, Acuity Design Group president
- Tia Keitt, Eastside Community Coalition board member
- Rafael Caldera, Arkest CEO; Downtown Development Review Board member
- Adrienne Burke, Nassau County Assistant Planning Director; Florida Trust for Historic Preservation trustee
The discussion was the first in a series of free Jaxson events. Stay tuned for the next one, coming this winter.