Castleberry Hill

The Reverb by Hard Rock Downtown Atlanta Hotel recently opened in Castleberry Hill at the intersection of Magnum and Mitchell Streets.

Completed in 2006 and anchoring the north end of Castleberry Hill, Castleberry Point Lofts includes 112 residential units and a mix of ground level commercial uses.

Centennial Station’s 58 condominiums were completed in 2006.

Originally completed in 1914, the Bottleworks building was retrofitted into 12 loft condominiums in 1997.

The Bee Line Lofts occupy a renovated warehouse that was originally built in 1905.

Neyow’s of Atlanta is located at the intersection of Walker and Nelson Streets.

A look inside Neyow’s of Atlanta.

A row of warehouse lofts just north of the intersection of Walker and Haynes Streets.

The No Mas! Cantina Restaurant is located at the intersection of Walker and Haynes Streets.

Completed in 2008, Fair and Walker is a mix of 38 multi-level townhouse style units and single-level lofts.

A Brandan Bmike Odums mural near the intersection of Walker and Peters Streets.

More infill multifamily residential construction underway on Peters Street.

Looking north on Peters Street.

The building on the right was originally constructed as a Swift & Company meat packing plant. The building was converted into 32 lofts, ranging from 1,400 to 2,300 square feet, in 1998. The former Kingan & Company Pork and Beef Packers plant, on the left, was converted into 14 lofts in 1996.

The Smith & Porter Railroad Flat apartments were completed on Peters Street in 2019.

The Old Lady Gang Southern Cuisine Restaurant at 177 Peters Street SW.

This building was originally constructed next to the Atlanta Terminal in 1912 to house the Southern Railway’s offices. Between 1905 and 1970, the Atlanta Terminal railroad station was a major Castleberry Hill anchor, serving the Southern Railway, Central of Georgia, Atlanta & West Point, and Seaboard railroads. The terminal was demolished in 1972 and Southern was eventually placed under the control of the Norfolk Southern Corporation in 1982. After years of abandonment, the building was restored and converted into a mix of uses as a part of the 50-acre, $5 billion Centennial Yards redevelopment project.

Neighborhood tour by Ennis Davis, AICP. Contact Ennis at